Spring

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Random Coupon Update

So I have been posting about my thriftyness as of late. I have an open desire to be that insane lady in front of you in the grocery that gets $300 worth of groceries for $5. A pain in the ass for you, I am sure - I know that person is a pain in the ass for me - but oh well. My mission is to save as much money as possible and to be able to help myself, my family, friends and community as much as possible.

Today, with husband and baby in tow, armed with internet coupons, some store coupons and a couple of sales fliers I began my mission. Starting off small, not thinking I would get *amazing* results, but good results we headed to CVS to pick up some needed items.

**Note - I KNOW I am not saving money if I am buying things that I do not need - so my mission is to stick to paying for the needed items and get the luxuries for freebies (or next to nothing)**

Around the store we go, shopping list in hand, putting things in the cart - giving monkey things to hold, Ken keeping the coupons of things we have added to the cart. (yes, I am keeping the whole family involved) We head to the check out. Subtotal before coupons - $76.80 - coupons added - Grand Total - $16.02 -- CVS dollars printed out on my receipt - $4.00 off diapers/$5 off next purchase (not including scripts)/bogo on Hershey's candy/bogo on Godiva

Not to shabby!!

Next stop - Super WalMart - Shopping list, coupons, etc in hand, Family in tow -- this, that and the other thing - including things like greek yogurt, baby yogurt, juices, milk, organic eggs, organic beef, toilet paper, laundry and dish liquid, fabric softner, etc. (no veggies because their veggies are horrible - we go to the real grocery/farmers market for those) -- Subtotal - $128.42 - Grand total - $32.68

More randomness - We had a children's clothing swap this morning. 22 ppl showed up bringing TONS of kids clothes, swapping and good conversation. We are planning one for the fall too and I think we will make the Spring one the w/e before Earth Day every year. I think we would get more publicity.

All clothes not swapped were donated to a local homeless shelter.

It was a WONDERFUL day!!!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, That was awesome! I guess I need to search the internet for coupons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been waiting for this update. I am looking for this update for a very long time. Thank god that I found this blog at last. I will be visiting this blog for more update.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the post! This information will be very helpful for me. I will definitely bookmark your blog..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, it was really interesting! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete